barbie

barbie
We decided it would be easier to move again than to clean the teenager's rooms.

Monday, May 14, 2012

I'll get you my pretty!

I can't remember a time when I wasn't moving, but the Parsonage is starting to come together, and I've gotten to the point where I can put things on the wall. Granted I've been using those sticky velcro things that hang things on the wall without damage, so a few hours after I've gotten something on the wall it falls off, but still progress, right?

Here's some of my finds. I've tried to include the prices when I can remember them. Basically, I haven't paid hardly anything for anything. I can tell you I've probably paid less than what a cup of coffee costs at Starbucks for my goodies. It's ok for you to feel jealous.


Framed embroidery, Garage Sale, 50 cents!!! Looks to be about a billion years old.

And, no, I don't really believe the sentiment.






1960's decorating book, Goodwill. Nightstand used as end table? No she di'nt! Yes she did! I'm breaking all the rules. Garage sale.

Bowl - Georges Briard, 1950s/60s/70s barware sold at better department stores. Mine from Goodwill, 90 cents!

When I got the bowl, I tried to tell Nate it was something. His exact words? "You have no taste." My response? "Yes, that may very well be the case, but this bowl? It's a find!" I was right.



Bird pictures, sorry my pic is not good and makes them look crooked (I can assure you they are not) 50 cents, garage sale!!!




Bowl from Goodwill. It was pretty fancy. I think I gave $9.00 for it.




Better pic of one of the birds.





Goodwill shoes. I love the wooden shoes. I remember my Grandma had some hanging on her wall. She always had change in the shoes, so I put some in mine too. So far none of the kids have figured that out.




Enamel tray - garage sale. A lot of this stuff you can tell how old it is with some simple, sad words: "made in America." This tray was actually made in Pasadena, California. How long has it been since anything was made in Pasadena?

The bowl is more Georges Briard barware, from Goodwill. The Nancy Drew book I've had for years.




Plate from Goodwill, 90 cents. This sentiment I believe.




Vases, all from Goodwill.

Beautiful bowl from Estate Sale, less than one dollar I kid you not.




Pic from Estate Sale, again I think it was 50 cents.


Goodwill, Goodwill and Goodwill. Thanks to my friend Ally I may have started collecting Pyrex. Either that, or I'm saving it up for her!

That's enough for you to be envious of for now. I best get back to unpacking.

1 comment:

  1. I want all of the things.

    Also, we should collect ash trays too!

    ReplyDelete