barbie

barbie
We decided it would be easier to move again than to clean the teenager's rooms.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Messengers of death?

No need to go to Anthropologie to embrace the Owl trend. I've had good luck at Goodwill and estate sales:


The embroidered owl pic and the owls on the left were both less than $1.00.

I started decorating my office (and when I say "decorating" I mean "applying vinyl decals") with owls a couple years ago. They make me happy - they remind me of my grandma. The teeny tiny owls above were in the printer's drawer that hung in her house.

Then I met an old Indian woman who said to me "why would you decorate your creative space with owls? Owls are messengers of death."

Oh well. I'm taking my chances. If a creature is going to bring you bad news, it should at least be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment